Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: S-8 on E-bay

  1. #1
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Prices seem to be a bit lower than usual...I've seen people get off with really good deals...has anyone else noticed this or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

    Maybe the Super-8 "rush" is over?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member technicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does equipment ever go for reasnoble prices on ebay? ive often seen stuff Id fancy but im not prepared/cant afford to pay what their asking for pretty standard home movie gear, which isnt even pro equipment.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well...I'm not talking about the very top of the line Nizos or Canons...but I've seen some of the 1014s go for cheap and some good-excellent projectors go for under $200.00...I haven't had the time to spend on e-bay too much lately -- that's why I was wondering if anyone else noticed some good deals..

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by technicolour:
    Does equipment ever go for reasnoble prices on ebay? ive often seen stuff Id fancy but im not prepared/cant afford to pay what their asking for pretty standard home movie gear, which isnt even pro equipment.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    If you think prices are high now then you should have seen what stuff would sell for in late 98/early 99. It was ridiculous back then. Elmo 1012 S-XL's were any easy $300+ now they can be had under $100 at times. I saw a Nizo 6080 sell for $1100 once [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] and they would regularly go for $700+. Even Canon 310 XL's were going for $75 then. Prices now are more reasonable than I have ever seen on ebay.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think a lot of people have gone into Super-8 in the last couple of years and are now concentrating on making films instead of buying cameras. Personally I've gone from zero 3 years ago then to one until last year and now to six (including dead ones for parts), mostly thanks to E-Bay. Unless something really awesome shows up or attrition thins the herd I'm done buying cameras for a while.

    In a weird and wonderful way Super-8 is a "new" thing, mostly due to the Internet. Just like all new things it had an initial rush and then settled down to a steady pace.

    The interesting question is what happens when the last of the 20+ year old used cameras grinds to a halt. If the demand is still there will there be a new generation of S8 cameras, or will Quarz and Beaulieu rule the world?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I sold a Canon 1014 XL-S a couple years ago for over $1200 on ebay!
    Beautiful camera, and boy was I happy!
    Yeah, some good deals are to be found these days.
    I've notice many, many CP-16's for sale the last couple weeks, & many Canon 1014's...

    Matt Pacini

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, I'm planning on selling my Canon 1014XL, but noticed that there are a bunch, probably 7 or 8 for sale and they have been going for around $200-250, as opposed to earlier this year selling for over $300 or $400.

    Scott

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MattEBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2002
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's been some good deals on eBay UK recently, picked up 2 Chinons and a Bell&Howell for ?40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •